About payment procedure
What cards are accepted?
Visa, Visa Electron and Mastercardissued by any Ukrainian or international bank are accepted. You can also use Mastercard Cirrus/Maestro cards issued by «Райффайзен Банк Аваль», АБ «Укрсоцбанк». Note that Mastercard Electronic cards are not accepted for online payments due to Mastercard limitations.
My VISA Electron or Cirrus/Maestro has no CVC2/CVV2 code. What should I do?
Sometimes these cards have no CVC2/CVV2 code. To get this code, you need to contact Customer Support of your bank. Some banks provide this information to their customers after authorization.
How fast will a service provider receive the payment?
Card authorization is made online. The service providers and banks receive information about payments on a daily basis. Usually a service provider receives the payment on the second banking day after transaction on Portmone.com. For certain companies (for example, mobile operators, Internet providers, etc.) the procedure is faster and your payment is received within several minutes.
- Does Portmone.com charge a fee for its services?
If I overpaid the last month, can I cut the next payment for this amount?
In cases of overpayment, billers (service providers) usually take it into account in the next month’s bill.
There two ways to do it:
- Fill in all the fields of a bill, then correct payment amount manually in “Payment amount” field and reduce it for the amount of overpayment.
- You can stop paying the bill for one or several months (depending on the amount of overpayment) and wait until there’s no more overpayment.
Why do I receive some bills in the mail before I receive them in electronic format?
This depends on the way the company in question operates. They mail bills as they are printed, while electronic bills are available only after the bills for the whole city are processed.
This delay in the delivery of electronic bills (usually several days) does not pose a problem, since according to the regulations you can pay your service bills until the 20th day of the current month.
What happens if I have insufficient finds on my card for the payment?
When the system makes a transaction the information is sent to the issuing bank of the card. The bank confirms or denies the transaction. The transaction may be denied due to insufficient funds. However, customers with credit cards can make payments, even if they have negative balance.
Only the issuing bank can open a credit line on your card and set its amount, as well as provide information about your card balance. The bank can also provide you with all information about successful and rejected transactions.
About bills and receipts
- If I register as Portmone.com customer, will I still receive paper bills in my mailbox?
Yes, your paper bills will still be delivered.
- Can I print receipts by myself?
- Do service providers accept receipts, printed from Portmone.com Web site as a proof of payment?
Agreements between Portmone.com and service providers stipulate that the receipts printed from the Web site Portmone.com are accepted payment confirmations. Additionally, you can request a bank statement for your card account with a wet stamp and a signature. This is an indisputable document to confirm your payment. In case of any issues with receipts printed from the Web site, please contact our Customer Support.
As an additional guarantee you can use our service of paper receipt delivery by regular mail. These receipts will have Portmone.com seal.
- Who do I contact with questions on the amount billed I receive via Portmone.com?
Portmone.com provides delivery of a bill, generated and prepared by a service provider. Therefore with any questions on the amount and purpose of payment you should contact the service provider.
However, if information in a paper bill does not match information in Portmone.com system, please, contact our Customer Support.
- My text messages with bill notifications are not delivered on time. What do I do?
SMS is not a guaranteed service of mobile operators. Most probably the delays are caused by their temporary technical difficulties. Unfortunately, this is beyond our control. We send SMS as soon as the bill is delivered to the system and only during business hours.
To ensure timely notification about new bills we recommend activation of email delivery.
- What safety measures are taken by Portmone.com and what are the security guarantees?
To ensure data safety Portmone.com uses international Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
PCI DSS ensures safe transfer of card information via the Internet and also prevents company staff from getting access to sensible information.
Learn more about security.
A charge of 1 UAH will be applied to your card. This amount will not be debited from the card, it will just be on hold for 30 days.
The comment shall have a 6-digit code - verification code.
- check the SMS (if the card is connected to SMS-banking);
- use the online statement;
- contact your bank’s Customer Support and find out a comment to this transaction on 1 UAH (see phone number on the back of your payment card).